FAM’s Las Vegas Preview
By Holden Asworth
Time to roll the dice. NASCAR begins its west coast swing with their annual stop in Sin City. Look for drivers to gamble with their speed and strategy in hopes of winning one of the three stages of the race (and in their case, the checkered flag). Vegas is tricky, only 3 drivers have ever won while starting on the front row and the farthest back a race winner has started is 25th. Not everyone will find success here, though – it’s a good thing those drivers who struggle will be able to drown their sorrows in cheap buffets and stripper legs.
Possible Stage/Race Winners
– Brad Keselowski – starts 1st and won this race twice (2014, 2016)
– Jimmie Johnson – starts 16th and has won this race 4 times (2005, 2006, 2007, 2010)
– Matt Kenseth – starts 4th and has won here 3 times (2003, 2004, 2013)
– Kevin Harvick – starts 19th and won this race in 2015
– Ryan Blaney – starts 3rd and surprised many of the commentators by throwing down the best lap time in the 2nd qualifying segment. His speed is unreal.
Where to Watch
3:30pm on FOX and SiriusXM NASCAR Channel 90.
Follow us on Twitter @firstandmonday and stop by our message boards to say hello.